Buckbuster's Fall Seed Mix
This blend includes eight species of winter forage crops:
Three Species of Cereal Grains
Oats, Wheat and Elbon Rye (There is no Ryegrass in our blends.) One Species of Winter Peas
A fast growing, early producing variety for fall, winter and spring production. Three Species of Brassica (Rape)
High quality forage varieties with different maturing dates for a longer growing period. (We do not use Dwarf Essex Rape in our mixes.) Dixie Crimson Clover
A quick growing variety that produces from late fall through spring and is a good reseeding variety. This is the best producing clover for the winter months.
Planting Recommendations for Buck Busters® Fall Seed Mixes
- Optimum planting time in most locations in the southeast is Sept. 1 - Nov. 1 but can be planted earlier or later in more northern and southern locations. Plant 60 days before first average frost date in fall.
- Planting rate is 50 lbs. per acre.
- Soil tests are recommended. A pH of 6.0 - 7.0 is desirable.
- Soil should be well tilled and seeds should be lightly covered 1/4 - 1/2 inch deep.
- No till instructions: fair to good results can be obtained with no till. Burn down with Glyphosate or any other burn-down herbicide (desirable but not critical), bush hog as low to the ground as possible, seed through the sod or use grain drill, fertilize as recommended.